Since the news were reported that Marvel was making a Punisher solo TV series, the fans have been going crazy over the idea. There were not that many news, though, to say the least. Right now it is in production, and more news are coming day by day.
Deborah Ann Woll will reprise her role (Karen Page), Ben Barnes, Amber Rose Revah and Ebon Moss-Bachrach were all confirmed to join the cast. Well, the cast just expanded a bit. Netflix announced five more names that were included to the cast. Here are all the new members of The Punisher TV series by Netflix and their roles:
- Daniel Webber to play Lewis Walcott, “a young veteran who has had a difficult time re-assimilating into Civilian Society.”
- Jason R. Moore to play Curtis Hoyle, “a friend of Frank Castle’s and one of the few people who knows he is alive.”
- Paul Schulze to play Rawlins, “a high-ranking member of the CIA whose operations in Afghanistan intersect with Frank Castle.”
- Jaime Ray Newman to play Sarah Lieberman, “Micro’s wife whose marriage has made her life far more complicated.”
- Michael Nathanson to play Sam Stein, “a Homeland agent who is challenged by his partnership with Dinah.”
Here are the statement from Steve Lightfoot and the Executive Producer (who is also Marvel’s Head of Television) Jeph Loeb on the casting news for the series:
Lightfoot: We couldn’t have asked for a more talented group of actors to round out the cast of Marvel’s The Punisher. It’s a thrill to watch them each bring their characters to life with such layered, nuanced performances.
Loeb: Marvel TV is very proud of the cast of The Punisher. Each actors brings a special promise who surround Jon Bernthal’s exceptional performance.